Monday 6 May 2013

Plumbing and Electric First Fix

Having decided on our layout on paper I was able to run the water pipes from the tank position to the calorifier along the starboard side of the boat. I installed tee joints for galley and shower room locations. Using red and blue talon clips to identify hot from cold I installed a plumbfast system of flexible piping, along the skirting channel. The cold ran from the bow to the calorifier position and then the hot from calorifier to sink position in the galley area. Again I left tee joints for 2nd fix. On the port side I planned to install a couple.of radiators so I replicated the pipework for flow and return.


I used the natural trunking under the gunwales to run the cabling for the 240v shoreline. A very basic ring circuit for sockets only. So starting from the consumer unit position I ran 2.5mm LSOH flex cable around the boat and clipped it under the gunwales, I used nail on clips but replaced the nails with screws, which was easier as I laid on my back to attach them. Leaving loops where required I returned the cable to the consumer box location to form the ring.


1 comment:

  1. I think that these newer hot water tanks edmonton and water heaters are amazing. They are much more efficient with energy and they produce hot water more effectively too. I really enjoy and agree with your article. Household Water Pumps

    ReplyDelete